The Leagues and Knockout Competitions
The League organises three Leagues and three Knockout Competitions which commence from the beginning of May and are played through until mid-September each year.
The leagues comprise:
- Roy Gibson Midweek Evening League with 4 divisions playing 3 rinks of 2 wood triples over 21 ends under English Bowling Federation rules, except where amended by the Peterborough League.
Matches start at 6.30pm and 6.15pm from August onwards.
- David Harrod Club 55 League where all matches played are on Tuesday afternoons, starting at 2.00pm. It also has 5 divisions and the matches consist of 3 rinks of 3 wood triples over 18 ends, which are played under World Bowls rules. Players must be aged 55 on or before the date of the match.
- Tony Hobbs Weekend League has 3 divisions. Matches comprise 3 rinks of 3 wood triples played over 18 ends to World Bowls rules.
Matches commence at 2.00pm.
In all Leagues 4 points are awarded to the team scoring most shots; 2 in the event of a tie plus 2 points for each winning rink; and 1 point for a tied rink.
The annual knockout competitions include:
- Albert Rowlett Cup: matches of 3 rinks of triples with 2 woods over 21 ends played to Midweek rules. The team scoring the most points wins.
- Munday Shield: matches of 2 rinks (1 home rink; 1 away) of 4 players with 2 woods over 21 ends, also played to Club 55 rules. The team scoring the most points wins.
- Mick Lewin Trophy: matches of 3 rinks of 3 players with 3 woods over 18 ends played to Club 55 rules. The team scoring the most points wins.